Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 20, 2011 Adventure #1 - Get a Spray Tan!


Ok - I wanted to see what I would look like with a skin color other than red or white.  I do not tan at all and have learned over the years to just liberally apply sunscreen and a good hat is a must.
Shannon wanted to participate in one of my adventures before moving  on April 28, 2011 for 4 years.  So she called around to a few places to see if any times were available on April 20th as this was the only date available.  We found Corpo Bello Spa and Salon.
So adventure to date has provided the most laughter.  First of all, Shannon went first and I could hear her down the hall just cracking up!  She came out really really dark. 
So then it was my turn.  So I stepped into the brown cave like plastic area and the spraying began.  Up one side and down the other and several rotations later I was told to stand in front of the fan for 10 minutes to dry and to keep rotating for maximum even drying.  Then I looked in the mirror and just laughed knowing that I was headed to choir practice for the evening.
We stopped at home and my mom said "I have two African daughters that have a white mother and father!"
At choir no one said a word until after practice when Carol Hornbrook and I just looked at each other and laughed.  Mura and Don both laughed and wondered what I had done and I reminded them of my blog.  Ben looked at me and said "you got your spray tan!"

Thankfully the next day, the excess dye washed off in the shower leaving me less African looking.
At work, I had a dietitian staff meeting and in the middle of the meeting my former boss Karen looks at me and says "Holly - you are tan what did you do or where have you been?"  The dietitians had already asked so we all just got a good laugh.



easter sunday - 4 days post fake bake and it looks like a bronze tan

 

The thoughts that I had afterwards were related to my BSF lecture questions that week - Where does God need to do a make-over in your life?  My spray tan was temporary and just an external show that would wash away.  God's makeovers are internal and result in a change in heart and then outward actions and attitudes that make me more like Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Holly. I randomly remembered you telling the story of the spray on tan at Bible study and I hadn't looked at the blog for awhile, so I laughed so hard when I saw the pictures! I wish I could have seen Shannon in person!

    ReplyDelete