Thursday, November 18, 2010

My 40th Adventure

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Life is an adventure!  Life's journey takes us places that we would never expect but that is part of the adventure.  God has marked our lives with a time that only He knows and has a plan for us that He reveals along the way, I guess milestones.  As I reflect on life, I can see God's sovereign purpose marked out on the path that my feet have journeyed.  My journey has not been what I would have expected and what I would have planned for myself but it has been good.  On 11/27, I will turn 40 so to mark this milestone I have made a list of things that I would like to do between my 40-41st birthdays in order to make this year a bit more fun! (And yes there will be 40 items on the list) You can join me for the fun and follow the journey this year. If you would like to help me with an adventure, let me know or I may recruit you......
Your first assignment if you so choose is to review my list, which is incomplete.  I need an additional 10 suggestions and you can offer some.  You can e-mail, call, post, facebook suggestions to me for until November 22.  Then I will post the suggestions and you all can vote on the remaining 10 items which will be revealed on November 27 - day one!  (Yes I was challenged to this one - make it a real adventure and let others pick some and vote on them - thanks Ben!)
So I hold this list loosely as as James reminds us that I should say "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:15b)
The List Begins
1.  Get a spray on tan just to see what I look like with a little color other than red or white!
2.  Highlight my hair because I can not because I have to!
3.  Hike in the Grand Canyon
4.  Be able to do the splits again.
5.  Attend a Penn State football game in Pennsylvania!
6.  Go snowmobiling
7.  Go horseback riding - not on a trail trained horse.  Must try side saddle and bare back too!
8.  Try Snowshoeing
9.  Make a piece of pottery - using the wheel and all!
10. Ride a motorcycle
11. Try a new ethnic food once a month - either at a restaurant, someone's home or make it myself
12. Ride a tandem bike
13. Hot air balloon ride - somewhere really scenic
14. Take some kind of class towards a new degree (not sure what yet!)
15. Dance - Something beautiful
16. Serve those in need in the community at least quarterly
17. Recite from memory an entire book of the Bible
18. Missions Trip
19. Read at least 6 classic novels (the first will be Pilgrims Progress, then I am open for suggestions)
20. Hike a 14,000 peak in Colorado
21. Downhill ski in Europe
22. Prague
23. Catch up on scrapbooking from 2008-present
24. Team in Training Event - I am thinking a half or full marathon - in Ireland to support blood cancer research
25. Buy a pearl bracelet
26. Attend a U2 concert
27. Hustle Up the Hancock
28. Learn to shoot a gun - gun safety class
29. Take a basic self defense class
30. Meet someone Famous
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
(41) My personal adventure item that only a few know.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you, Holly!

    If you would like to go horseback riding, come to Morongo Valley, CA, where I now live, and ride through the beautiful canyons of the San Bernardino Mountains. My community is known for their horse ranches and I have several friends who are horsewomen.

    Great fun (and great people!)

    Lots of love in your journey! Alicia

    ReplyDelete