Saturday, February 5, 2011

November 27, 2010 - Extra Credit Idea 23 - Go to a Concert in a Cave

Today I am 40 and I have the privilege of spending it in Nashville with my family, making this the perfect day.  40 years have passed so quickly and so will the next 40, if the Lord wills!  Today is extra special because 4 years ago the testing process that finally led to my Hodgkins lymphoma started on 11/28/2006 and in a few short weeks, I would wonder if I would live to be 37 let alone celebrate 40.  So life itself is a precious gift.
So Mark's special gift was to take me to a concert in a cave.  We drove to Cumberland Caverns in McMinnville, Tennessee to attend the monthly Bluegrass Underground concert.  The featured group was Blue Highway with Rockin Acoustic Circus.  So after hiking into a cave about a half mile we heard an amazing concert in a place with incredible acoustics!  This event only occurs once a month and so the program included a concert Thanksgiving weekend - my birthday! What a fun gift and great idea.  Mark is always clever and knows that I love music and trying things that are different and this was the perfect idea.  A great family Underground Music Adventure.

We went to dinner at the Silly Goose in Nashville.  It was just a wonderful day to be with family and to celebrate together and for this I was thankful. Most of the food items are made with couscous and each dish is unique and yet very healthy.



Blue Highway

  
Rockin Acousic Circus

Mark and Erin check out the map and information

No comments:

Post a Comment